- “Powered transporters” is a term used to cover a variety of novel and emerging personal transport devices which are powered by a motor, including e-scooters.
- Given how powered transporters are motorised and designed, they fall within the legal definition of a “motor vehicle”. Therefore the laws that apply to motor vehicles apply to powered transporters.
- It is illegal to use a powered transporter on a public road without complying with a number of legal requirements, which potential users will find very difficult.
- It is illegal to use a powered transporter in spaces which are set aside for use by pedestrians, cyclists, and horse-riders. This includes on the pavement and in cycle lanes.
- Any person who uses a powered transporter on a public road or other prohibited space in breach of the law is committing a criminal offence and can be prosecuted.
- It is legal to use a powered transporter on private land with the permission of the land owner.
Is it legal to use our products in my country ?
Regulations vary for every country. For regulatory inquiries, please contact your local retailer for more information.
What age can you use our products ?
We recommend that our products are suitable for persons over the age of 14 years.
Remember our products are not toys.
However this is a recommendation only.
Do I have to wear protective equipment ?
We recommend using a helmet and protective elbow and knee pads.
Technical help and quote for repairs call 01603 670840.
It is not legal to ride an electric skateboard on the public highway in the UK.